How do I get my Facebook page or profile verified (Blue Badge)?
Not everyone can be verified, unfortunately. According to Facebook’s Support Team, only people in the following categories can be verified with a badge:
• Popular Brand or Businesses
• Government Officials
• Sports Companies
If your page is in any of these categories, there is a higher chance that you can be verified.
Tip: If your Facebook page is not in this category, you can always change it to “Public Figure” by going to About > Category. Also, you can convert your personal page into a profile and turn all your friends into likes.
Then follow these steps:
- Have high-quality, professional content. That means very good images, high engagement, and an overall cohesive brand feel.
- Link to your profile or Page from your official website.
- For a Facebook Page, different types of basic information boxes will appear in your Page’s About section depending on your Page’s category. It’s important to add accurate details so that people can quickly learn about your Page. Include your website, address, phone number, awards, bio, and more.
- For a Facebook profile, provide accurate information in your profile. Include in your About section a website address that is registered in your name. Make your profile public by default so that people can follow it.
- There used to be a form link you could use to submit your verification request but that doesn’t exist anymore so you need to do the following (note that this method is not guaranteed to work but might be worth a shot):
• Click the blue question mark in the top-right corner of a Facebook page (ex: your home page)
• Select Report a Problem > Something Isn’t Working
• Under “Where is the problem?” select Pages.
- In the textbox, introduce yourself and write a compelling reason as to why you should be verified. Everyone’s case is different so I won’t tell you what to write. Here you should include your website and links to relevant press articles or a Wikipedia page. Don’t make it an essay, keep it short and quick.
- You should also upload a valid government-issued ID on the Upload Screenshots section.
- Wait 2-7 days to hear back from Facebook.
How do I Get my business page verified on Facebook (Grey Badge)?
The grey verification badge lets people know that a Page for a business or organization is authentic.
To be eligible for a grey verification badge, you must be an admin of your business Page and your Page must:
- Be published
- Have a profile picture and cover photo
- Have posts
To verify your Page:
1. Click Settings at the top of your Page.
2. From General, click Page Verification.
3. Click Verify this Page.
4. Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language.
5. Click Call Me Now to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code.
6. Enter the 4-digit verification code and click Continue.
If you prefer to verify your Page with a business document (example: phone bill), follow the steps above and click Verify this Page with documents instead at the bottom left of the window that appears, then upload a picture of an official document showing your business’s name and address. We’ll only use this information to verify your Page.
After we receive your verification code or business document, we’ll review your info to confirm that it matches public records and send you a notification or email about your verification status within a few days. Keep in mind that you’re not required to verify your Page.
If you don’t see the “verify this page” it is because Facebook hasn’t rolled out the feature to all users just yet or your page is not eligible.
What are the benefits of having a blue or grey badge?
• Boosts the credibility of your business
• Verified pages will rank higher on Facebook’s Graph Search and on Google search results